The Problem: Wave Client will not run on my machine
The Wave Client requires a computer (real or virtual) with support for OpenGL 2.1 or higher.
Typically this is not an issue but in some cases, a need arises to launch the Wave Client on computers with limited graphics options. A virtual machine (VMWare, VirtualBox) or a Server PC with limited graphics capabilities are typical examples where OpenGL 2.1 may not be supported.
Workaround: Emulate the GPU using the CPU
To resolve this issue the Wisenet team has introduced a way to emulate necessary graphics functions over CPU which allows running the client on any hardware set if the Server application is installed on any Windows x64 OS version.
- When using this method what you are really doing is transferring the computing load that would normally be done by a GPU to the CPU. This will cause your CPU usage to go up significantly.
- We do not recommend using this method unless it is absolutely required.
- Remember to close the Client application as soon as you are finished to return your CPU load to normal.
How to emulate the GPU using your CPU
- Download the patch file here
- Unzip, Copy and paste the downloaded opengl32.dll file to the folder/directory where the Wave Client executable is located.
3. Run the Wave Server application again.