For 802.1x, you need to set the below in the webviewer of cameras.
1. Setting menu
- Webviewer > Setup > Network > 802.1x
2. IEEE 802.1x setup
- IEEE 802.1x: Enable
- EAP type: EAP-TLS
(you may select LEAP or PEAPv0/MSCHAPv2, but only EAP-TLS will be handled in this article.)
- EAPOL version: 1
- ID: client certificates ID (e.g firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: Password for encrypted client key (e.g whatever)
* All certificates should be from RADIUS server. (e.g. /freeradius/3.0/certs/)
* The certificates files could be ca.pem / client.crt / client.pem
3-1) CA certificates (.crt):
- ca.pem >>> ca.crt
- You need to change the extensions manually.
- The certificate should not be encrypted.
3-2) Client certificate (.crt):
3-3) Client private Key (.pem):
- The key should be encrypted by the above Password in IEEE 802.1x setup.